Hospital of St John, Chapel

The altar was installed in 1700 by Angevin sculptors Jacques and Christophe Saint-Simon and includes a painting is Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane by Angevin artist Pierre Gasselin. Side altars from about 1740 were dediated to the Virgin Mary and St. Vincent de Paul, one of the hospital's patrons.

The wooden carving of St Charles Borromeo and the Plague in Milan is located in the gallery.


Websites of Interest

Musee Jean Lurçat
The Hospital of St John now houses Le Musée Jean Lurçat et de la Tapisserie Contemporaine. The chapel is not open to the public.

Back | Next

This page was meant to be viewed in frames.
Click here for Anjou: A Brief History
Last update: June 5, 2003
Comments? Contact Amelia Carr
Return to
Amelia Carr's
Home Page